This post will show you how to create a Google Cloud SQL instance and connect your Google Cloud SQL instance database with MySQL Workbench. Before connecting, make sure you have enabled billing for Google Cloud Engine.
Creating a Google Cloud SQL instance
- Go to the Google Cloud Console.
- Create a new Cloud Console project, or open an existing project.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Cloud SQL to open the Cloud SQL control panel for the project.
- Click New Instance to create a new Cloud SQL instance in your project.
- Enter a name for the instance. The instance name will be automatically combined with your project name, and any domain-specific names as shown here: Continue reading Connect Google Cloud SQL with MySQL Workbench